Monday, September 1, 2008

Sunday 8/31

First story. There is a woman who came in a few weeks ago and asked like a maniac and yelled at me about a coupon in the S.S. Guide. Apparently the gifts dept. wouldn't let her use the discount because she, gee, isn't a student. Anyway, last time she was pissed, so today I tipped off Eyebrow Ring Security Dude about her. He came back later and informed me that she's a regular and that most of the time she's okay but that other times he they have to tell her to 'cool it'. Then he got a page and had to leave. Turned out the page was about her harassing people down in the basement. Afterward, she came upstairs and asked me if the new coupon books were out! I couldn't believe that. But, yes I could. I have now seen enough crazies at *** to believe it.

Second story is about a man who walked up from the supplies and then by my desk, to be accosted by who looked to be his wife. Conversation:
Wife: "Where have you been? We've been looking all over! Where were you?
Guy: "I was downstairs. I told you I was going to be down there"
Wife: "No, you said you were going to be *up*stairs"
Guy: "I was downstairs"
Daughter standing next to her Mom: "Give us money!" (directed at Dad)
Wife: "What did you buy?" (gesturing at *** bag in Guy's hand)
Guy: "Pens"
Wife: flabbergasted "Wha.. pens? Let me see those! You bought pens?!"

There was also a Norwegian couple and their two sons who spoke strictly Norwegian, who were poking through the kids books for about an hour. The mom asked for advice on books to help teach her kids English- it turned out one of them was going into a class that would help him learn English, but that the other one was going straight into normal kindergarten without knowing a word of English. So I suggested Dick and Jane books and Dr. Seuss. One of the sons liked rhymes. The older son also had a bike which had all the bells and whistles of a kid's bike, which he stored behind the concierge desk.

And perhaps my favorite little kid story yet: a little girl was standing next to the Bargain kids table nearest the main stairway, when she suddenly spotted a book, and screeched "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!!!". She looked astounded to see the book anywhere else. It was adorable.

- Posted by Badger Pocket

No comments: