Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday Evening

First, a man walked past my desk and shouted at Andy and I:
"Do you know what I saw today? I saw a timber wolf trying to be a husky at the QFC digging in a garbage can. Yeah!"
Then he kept walking down to supplies. I could barely contain myself it was so hilarious. He was walking so quickly and then he just said the whole thing as one long stream of a sentence.

About an hour later a lady came up and asked if we had a paging system. Halfway through my answer she saw her son and began to lecture him:
Mom: "Mark, you're 14 years old! Don't you think you're a little old to get lost in a store?!"
Son: "What." (not as a question, but stated as a sentence)
Mom: "I don't want to be here all day! We're just here to get you your fucking school supplies!!"
-- here the mom and her son had gotten halfway down the stairs to supplies, and I couldn't hear what she said. However, our wonderful security guy, Eyebrow Ring Man, followed them and filled me in with what happened next:
Mom: "You know what? Fuck it! If you don't want any school supplies for tomorrow then you don't get any!"
This whole episode was especially hilarious because the mom looked so quiet and I was surprised to hear such a loud voice come out of her mouth. She also didn't look quite old enough to have a 14 year old (young-looking lady) and her 14 year old son was also taller than her. It had Eyebrow Ring Security man cracking up too.

I also had a man call and ask if we carried "Avril Lavinge" (sp?) posters. Sad.

Okay, what are some of the strangest things you've had a customer ask you for? I just had a woman come up to the desk who was convinced that the store cut duplicate keys. I think people are convinced this store has everything. Once, I had a man ask if we carried 'ciggies' and another ask if we carried eye drops.

-Posted by Badger Pocket

No comments: