Friday, September 19, 2008

highlights of the switchboard friday the 19th

Phone Call #1: me and a recent college grad


Me: Greeting

Girl: um why haven’t you given me my diploma yet?

Me: excuse me?

Her: I haven’t got my diploma and I need it

Me: You need to call the University for that

Her: (outraged) are you kidding me?

Me: No we are a completely separate company from the University and I cannot transfer you nor do I have the number

Her: seriously? Are you kidding?

Me: no. click

This wouldn’t be nearly as bad if she were a freshman, but the fact that she just graduated and still has no idea the university she attended for 4 years is separate from us is rather embarrassing..

Phone Call #2: me and a morbid old lady

Woman: do you carry the book “how to build your own casket?”


Phone Call #3: Me and accented woman


Woman: I want a prince Philip


sigh. don't we all. I wish we sold Prince Philip I would have picked that up years ago

and a fun stalker guy who called 9 times and would just listen, I could hear him breathing and hear an airport but he wouldn't talk no matter what I said...creeper

--high tide

No comments: