Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can I Get a Witness?

Today I had two people come up and ask if I would be a witness while they signed some legal papers having to do with a real estate deal. The guy seemed a bit out of breath, like they had been running around trying to find someone to sign off as a witness and didn't have much time. He was a white guy, youngish with brown hair tucked under a cap and ponytail in the back, and a short beard. The woman was a slightly older tired-looking Korean lady. I was a bit unsure that I could legally be a witness, not knowing either of them, but they both thought it was fine. So I verified at their IDs and watched them sign, then signed my name next to the line that said "witness". I had to do it four times, twice on each page. The guy told me that if you really like paperwork, then you should go into real estate. I told him I thought I'd pass.

No comments: